By Caroline Gavin
Image courtesy Panpote at www.freedigitalphotos.net
Purposeful Pathway is a haven for faith-based entrepreneurs. Part of my mission is equipping faith-based businesses with information that is practical, actionable and Scriptural.
The theme of this post is transforming a mess to a masterpiece!
Have you ever painted with watercolors? Or watched someone do so? The painting often looks not much more than a hodgepodge of colors in its initial stages. There seems to be no semblance of the subject; there seems to be no harmony; there seems to be no hope for a beautiful outcome!
And, yet, out of the mess…slowly but surely…a beautiful masterpiece emerges.
Details emerge from the colors; patterns occur with precision; harmony blissfully happens. The vision once sparkling in the artist’s eye comes to luminous life on paper.
The same phenomenon occurs in our own lives. Messes happen. We stumble through hodgepodges of seemingly meaningless interruptions and trials. We experience random splish-splashes across our canvases.
Then God creates beauty from the splitter-splatter. A treasure from the trials. A masterpiece from the mess.
What does this have to with your faith-based business? Well, as a Christian creative, you surely have a vision sparkling in your eyes. Yet do you sometimes see only splish-splashes in the forms of sporadic successes, inconsistent feedback and less-than-pretty trials? My encouragement to you is that these trials are the timeless colors for God’s precious painting. So, rather than trying to wipe the canvas clean and start anew, step back and allow God to create a masterpiece from the colorful “mess.”
“He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.” (Ecclesiastes 3:11)
Let’s explore seven practical yet powerful steps to transform a mess to a masterpiece.
1. Write about the “messes” in your business. Do you struggle with a lack of clients? Long hours? Lack of joy? Less than crystal-clear clarity regarding your goals? Make a list of your current business struggles.
2. Ponder the messages of these messes. For example, is a lack of joy actually a gentle nudge to course correct? Is a lack of clients a push to clarify and to work on client attraction? Are long hours a symptom of misaligned beliefs around to-do’s and task treadmills?
3. Release the timing to God; relinquish also the paintbrush to His hands. Having reviewed the “messes” and their potential messages, prayerfully commit all to God’s timing and ways. Trust in His will to make a masterpiece that will endure eternally. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
4. Ask God for guidance regarding your role in this mess-to-masterpiece process. Our Lord is the Master and Creator, yet you co-create with Him your business masterpiece. Ask Him specifically what you can do to transform the mess to a masterpiece. “He leads the humble in justice, And He teaches the humble His way.” (Psalm 25:9) Perhaps it is taking that client-attraction class? Hiring a coach? Choosing to boost the fun factor?
5. Incorporate your mess-to-masterpiece activities in your business plan and daily activities. In learning from the Lord about your role in the fourth step, write now a list of specific masterpiece-making activities to which you commit. Incorporate these activities into your business plan and break them down into daily action steps.
6. Expect miracles! Yes, expect miracles when you work with God to transform messes to masterpieces. Open wide the eyes of your heart to see these miracles emerging. Perhaps you are having far more fun in business and in life? That is a beautiful breakthrough! Perhaps you sign on a new client with heightened confidence around your fees? Celebrate! Perhaps you experience an aha-moment about your niche? Smile wide! Yes, expect miracles in this masterpiece-making, and they will most certainly happen!
7. Document your success and delight in God. Delineate in your journal your mess-to-masterpiece transformations. What are they? When did they occur? Whom did they involve? How did they happen? What did you learn? Most importantly, rejoice in our remarkable Savior. He, after all, is the Master of masterpieces!
“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” (Ephesians 2:10)
I am excited for you as you work with God to transform messes to masterpieces!
If you need help with this mess-to-masterpiece process in your business, I would be happy to help. A healthy business involves health all around: body, mind and spirit. Join 3D Vitality Biblical Health Coach Ann Musico and me in a powerful journey for transforming your body, your business and your life here.
Let’s pray. Marvelous Master, thank You so much for creating beauty from chaos; symphony from cacophony; masterpieces from messes. We desire to open our eyes to this miraculous process that we may co-labor with You to create powerful results. We desire to bring You glory in every step of the way, every moment of every day. It’s in Jesus’ Name that we pray. Amen.
Caroline Gavinis a Christian Business Coach, Speaker, Author and Radio Host. Having found eternal victory in Christ, she overcame the dark depths of depression and the near-death of an eating disorder. Her joy now is sharing this joy in Jesus. As a Christian Business Coach and the Founder of Purposeful Pathway Business Coaching, she helps faith-based entrepreneurs pave their vocational paths, live with purpose and walk with God’s way. With years of experience in the financial and real estate industries, Caroline blends her passion for God, her financial expertise and her business acumen to create phenomenal results for her clients. She helps them to attract their ideal clients, powerfully package services and systematize efforts so they can enjoy fun, fruitful and profitable businesses. Refresh with her poetry and glean practical wisdom from her Biz Tips at www.PurposefulPathway.com. Connect with Caroline on Google+, Facebook and listen to her shows on Purposeful Pathway Radio. Contact her via firstname.lastname@example.org for a free Christian Business Coaching Consultation. You can also enjoy free resources such as the 7-week transformational Journey to Joy and the21-Day Attract Clients NOW Challenge on the Purposeful Pathway web site.Caroline delights in her purposeful pathway of helping others to pave pathways of purpose, peace and passion for God’s glory!