Guest Post by Coach Caroline Gavin
Image courtesy usamedeniz at www.freedigitalphotos.net
Purposeful Pathway is the haven for faith-based entrepreneurs. Part of my mission is equipping faith-based businesses with information that is practical, actionable and Scriptural.
The theme of this post is how to find time treasures!
If you are like me and many other faith-based entrepreneurs, you likely find that time itself is a priceless treasure. But are time treasures beyond reach? Is having an abundance of time an off-limit luxury? Seemingly so sometimes, yet I promise that time treasures can be found when sought purposefully.
Let’s look at seven steps for discovering those time treasures:
1. Cues and Clues. Areas of stress can serve as clues and cues to time treasures. Do you feel drained when you think about going to that weekly networking meeting? Do you feel overwhelmed when you prepare to attend a certain event? Do you feel conflicted when you partner with someone? Lean into these clues and learn from them.
2. Investigate for Inspiration. Having uncovered some cues and clues, investigate your feelings about them. Why do you feel drained by that meeting? Is it because, on some level, you feel your time would be better spent elsewhere? Why do you feel overwhelmed by a certain event? Is it because you are not sure exactly how it fits in with your goals? Why do you feel conflicted about that business partner? Is it because your values are not aligned? “Can two walk together, except they be agreed?” (Amos 3:3) Document your feelings and their potential sources.
3. Commit to Change. Having uncovered cues and investigated feelings, you can make the powerful commitment to change. Recognize these flags as indicators of misalignment; be grateful for the cues, clues and feelings, and determine to shift things for the better.
4. Document the Details. What changes will you implement? How exactly will you implement them? By what dates? Will you stop attending those meetings? If so, whom do you need to contact, and when? Seek God’s guidance and document the details in yourjournal. The Lord promises us, “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.” (Psalm 32:8)
5. Lean on the Lord. Expect challenges and resistance when you make changes. This phenomenon is completely normal; it is part of purposeful progress. The bigger the changes, in general, the bigger the challenges. Lean on the Lord for His strength. “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.” (Ephesians 6:10)
6. Treasure your Time. Now that you have made changes and have uncovered time treasures, purposefully protect your treasures. Do not jump on saying “yes” to every opportunity. Do not feel obliged to accept every partnership. Do not feel burdened to move forward with every project. “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.” (Proverbs 4:23) Guard your heart above all things; guard also your time.
7. Savor moments with the Savior. Finding time surely bears fruit in business; yet the sweetest blessing is the opportunity to savor more moments with the Savior. Carve all the more time for Jesus and enjoy all the more your journey. “Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.” (Psalm 1:1-2)
“Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.” (Ephesians 5:15-17)
I encourage you to be a treasure-hunter for time. Discovering time treasures brings blessing to business and joy to the heart!
If you need help with finding time or with building your business overall, I invite you to attract your ideal clients and powerfully boost your business over the next 40 days! There is no need to reinvent the wheel. I have organized my knowledge and experiences in business into an implementable 40-day series of actionable daily steps, instructional videos and powerful worksheets. If you need a serious boost in business, I encourage you to take the next step by visiting Purposeful Pathway Business Academy today!
Let’s Pray: Timeless and Treasured Father, we thank You for providing us abundantly with all things, including time. Help us, Loving Lord, to discover time treasures by investigating the cues You provide. Grant us the wisdom and the courage to change; help us to guard our hearts and our time that we may bear more fruit for Your glory every day. It’s in Jesus’ Name we pray. Amen.
Caroline Gavinis a Christian Business Coach, Speaker, Author and Radio Host. Having found eternal victory in Christ, she overcame the dark depths of depression and the near-death of an eating disorder. Her joy now is sharing this joy in Jesus. As a Christian Business Coach and the Founder of Purposeful Pathway Business Coaching, she helps faith-based entrepreneurs pave their vocational paths, live with purpose and walk with God’s way. With years of experience in the financial and real estate industries, Caroline blends her passion for God, her financial expertise and her business acumen to create phenomenal results for her clients. She helps them to attract their ideal clients, powerfully package services and systematize efforts so they can enjoy fun, fruitful and profitable businesses. Refresh with her poetry and glean practical wisdom from her Biz Tips at www.PurposefulPathway.com. Connect with Caroline on Google+, Facebook and listen to her shows on Purposeful Pathway Radio. Contact her via email@example.com for a free Christian Business Coaching Consultation. You can also enjoy free resources such as the 7-week transformational Journey to Joy and the21-Day Attract Clients NOW Challenge on the Purposeful Pathway web site. Caroline delights in her purposeful pathway of helping others to pave pathways of purpose, peace and passion for God’s glory!