By Coach Caroline Gavin
Image courtesy gualberto107 at www.freedigitalphotos.net
urposeful Pathway is the haven for faith-based entrepreneurs. Part of my mission is equipping faith-based businesses with information that is practical, actionable and Scriptural.
The theme of this post is release to receive!
One way to enjoy remarkable growth in our faith-based businesses is learning to receive. Our Loving Father desires to lavish us with blessings from His bounty. Yet how often do we stymie our receiving by clenching our spiritual fists? When we push too hard in our labors or when we cling too tightly to outcomes, we actually repel the act of receiving. Yes, it is important to plan, to give our best efforts and to be committed to highest results; yet it is equally important to release outcomes to God’s hands and to make space for grace.
How exactly do we release to receive? Let’s look at five practical yet powerful steps:
1. Review. First things first: start with an honest review. Are there any areas in which you are pushing too hard or clinging too tightly to outcomes? Are there any areas in which you can open your hands to give more of yourself or your resources? Are there any areas in which you are spinning your wheels rather than seeking God’s grace? Ask God for His revealing light in these areas.
2. Renew. Once you have reviewed, choose to renew these areas by God’s grace. Commit to Christ your desire to change; allow His Holy Spirit to spark the transformation. “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” (Romans 12:2)
3. Release. Having reviewed and renewed, it is now time to release. Release control of outcomes; release stress about success; release fear about finances; release perfectionism in your projects; release excess items in your environment; release unhealthy relationships in your heart; release your anxieties to God. “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7)
4. Receive. Having released, be ready to receive. Open the hands of your heart to God and to others by giving; in doing so, you open your heart to receive from God’s bounty. “In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” (Acts 20:35) And we know, as Jesus told us, to “give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” (Luke 6:38)
5. Rejoice. Remarkable are the love and providence of our Redeemer. Choose to rejoice in Him and in His grace! “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!” (Philippians 4:4)
Yes, release to receive…and rejoice all the while! I encourage you to be intentional in this practice for boosting your business and deepening your joy!
If you need help with taking the next best step or with building your business overall, I would be happy to help in this powerful process. A healthy business involves health all around: body, mind and spirit. Join 3D Vitality Biblical Health Coach Ann Musico and me in a powerful journey for transforming your body, your business and your life here…at an incredible introductory price of $27 through January 31st!
Let’s Pray: Remarkable Redeemer, we thank You for Your perfect provision. Help us to release that which hinders our love for You and for others; strengthen us to let go of that which is not for Your glory. We choose to release these things in order to receive Your goodness. We love you with every fiber of our beings, every moment of every day…and it’s in Jesus’ Name we pray. Amen.
Caroline Gavinis a Christian Business Coach, Speaker, Author and Radio Host. Having found eternal victory in Christ, she overcame the dark depths of depression and the near-death of an eating disorder. Her joy now is sharing this joy in Jesus. As a Christian Business Coach and the Founder of Purposeful Pathway Business Coaching, she helps faith-based entrepreneurs pave their vocational paths, live with purpose and walk with God’s way. With years of experience in the financial and real estate industries, Caroline blends her passion for God, her financial expertise and her business acumen to create phenomenal results for her clients. She helps them to attract their ideal clients, powerfully package services and systematize efforts so they can enjoy fun, fruitful and profitable businesses. Refresh with her poetry and glean practical wisdom from her Biz Tips at www.PurposefulPathway.com. Connect with Caroline on Google+, Facebook and listen to her shows on Purposeful Pathway Radio. Contact her via email@example.com for a free Christian Business Coaching Consultation. You can also enjoy free resources such as the 7-week transformational Journey to Joy and the21-Day Attract Clients NOW Challenge on the Purposeful Pathway web site. Caroline delights in her purposeful pathway of helping others to pave pathways of purpose, peace and passion for God’s glory!