Guest Post by Coach Caroline Gavin
Image courtesy kangshutters at www.freedigitalphotos.net
Purposeful Pathway is the haven for faith-based entrepreneurs. Part of my mission is equipping faith-based businesses with information that is practical, actionable and Scriptural.
The theme of this post is pressing reset!
Habits are powerful tools, yet they can accumulate over time to leave us stuck in an uninspired quagmire. Routines that once served us may no longer. Perspectives may need shifting. Beliefs may need revamping. As overwhelming as it may seem to overhaul our habits, we can ignite powerful change…and quickly! Yes, we can press that reset button at any moment.
How exactly do we press reset? Let’s explore five actionable steps:
1. Vision Victory. If things are not ideal in your business or in your life, begin to envision what “ideal” looks like. How does your ideal day unfold from beginning to end? What type of clients do you serve? What types of programs do you offer? How much free time do you enjoy? How many vacations do you take? How much income do you earn? How much money do you contribute to churches and causes? Vision your victory with as much detail as possible.
2. Evaluate and Evict. Having envisioned victory in your business and life, evaluate your current habitsand determine which ones should remain, which ones need refinement, which ones need to be added, and which ones need eviction. Write a comprehensive list of your current habits, document your notes by each list item, and seek God’s guidance throughout the process.
3. Ride the Tide. In adding, refining and eliminating habits, you will undoubtedly feel discomfort, disruption and pain. Choose to ride the emotional waves and to embrace the positive changes View the discomfort as birthing pains…and remember that these challenges are more than worthwhile. Ride the tide and keep your eyes on the prize. “For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. “ (2 Corinthians 4:17)
4. Face the Fruit. Once you have overhauled your habits despite the discomfort, start documenting your short-term and long-term fruit. We often overlook the good fruit of our efforts unless we train our eyes and our hearts to see. Choose to see your fruit and to celebrate your progress. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.” (Galatians 5:22-23)
5. Rejoice in Renewal. All things are made new in Christ, and we can press reset at any moment by His grace. Remember to give glory to God and to thank Him for the refreshment we find in His presence!
He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” (Revelation 21:5)
If you need help with taking the next best step or with building your business overall, I would be happy to help in this powerful process. A healthy business involves health all around: body, mind and spirit. Join 3D Vitality Biblical Health Coach Ann Musico and me in a powerful journey for transforming your body, your business and your life here!
Let’s Pray: Remarkable and Radiant Source of Renewal, we thank You for the new life we find in You. We thank You for the refreshment we find in Your living water. We thank You for the new creations You have made us to be. Help us to discern areas that need growth, and grant us the grace to press reset. We love you with every fiber of our beings, every moment of every day…and it is in Jesus’ Name we pray. Amen.
Caroline Gavinis a Christian Business Coach, Speaker, Author and Radio Host. Having found eternal victory in Christ, she overcame the dark depths of depression and the near-death of an eating disorder. Her joy now is sharing this joy in Jesus. As a Christian Business Coach and the Founder of Purposeful Pathway Business Coaching, she helps faith-based entrepreneurs pave their vocational paths, live with purpose and walk with God’s way. With years of experience in the financial and real estate industries, Caroline blends her passion for God, her financial expertise and her business acumen to create phenomenal results for her clients. She helps them to attract their ideal clients, powerfully package services and systematize efforts so they can enjoy fun, fruitful and profitable businesses. Refresh with her poetry and glean practical wisdom from her Biz Tips at www.PurposefulPathway.com. Connect with Caroline on Google+, Facebook and listen to her shows on Purposeful Pathway Radio. Contact her via email@example.com for a free Christian Business Coaching Consultation. You can also enjoy free resources such as the 7-week transformational Journey to Joy and the21-Day Attract Clients NOW Challenge on the Purposeful Pathway web site. Caroline delights in her purposeful pathway of helping others to pave pathways of purpose, peace and passion for God’s glory!