Image courtesy Aduldej at www.freedigitalphotos.net
Purposeful Pathway is the haven for faith-based entrepreneurs. Part of my mission is equipping faith-based businesses with information that is practical, actionable and Scriptural.
The theme of this post is how to triumph in transition!
Part of the life journey and part of the business journey is transition. Growing involves change, and change involves transition periods. Transitions can be trials; it is challenging to feel comfortable when things are shifting and when the path is unclear. Yet transitions are also sources of triumph if we rely on God’s wisdom and strength. If you are ready to move up to the “next level” in your business or in your spiritual journey, remember that doing so rarely comes with smooth sailing. Embrace both the trials and the triumphs of transition.
How exactly do we experience triumph from transitions? Let’s explore five ways:
- Decide. Choose to grow. Decide that progressing to the next level is important. Embrace the changes that await you. Trust in God’s perfect plans for you: “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
- Determine. Determine exactly what changes you will make, what expansions must happen, and what growth will occur. Document the quantitative and qualitative descriptions of these changes; how will you know when you have achieved them? Then pray about them; get excited about them; remind yourself frequently of them. “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.” (1 Corinthians 9:24)
- Direct. Having decided to grow and having determined your desired changes, delineate a timeline with actionable steps. Seek God’s wisdom throughout the process, as He is the ultimate Guide. “In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.” (Proverbs 16:9)
- Don’t turn back. As you move forward with your action steps, keep your eyes straight ahead of you. “Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you.” (Proverbs 4:25) When it seems everything and everyone is shifting around you, do not be alarmed. Do not panic. Do not turn back. People and experiences change when we do; it is only natural for others to react when we shake things up. It is easy for us to long for the comfort of “what was” when we are in the midst of uncomfortable transitions. Yet returning to “what was” keeps us locked in stagnancy. Remain focused on the next level and on God’s precious promises in order to move through the challenges.
- Delight. When you have reached the next level of your business growth or spiritual journey, pause amidst your progress and delight in the divine gift of your success. “Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” (Psalm 37:4) God is the Giver of good things. He is the One who makes triumphs of trials – and of transitions!
I encourage you to embrace seasons of transition with faith, courage and inspiration. Cling to Christ, and He will bring true triumph. He is our victory, and He is with us wherever we go. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)
If you need help with taking the next best step or with building your business overall…I would be happy to help in this powerful process. A healthy business involves health all around: body, mind and spirit. Join 3D Vitality Biblical Health Coach Ann Musico and me in a powerful journey for transforming your body, your business and your lifehere!
Let’s Pray: Our Loving Lord, our Treasured Treasure, we thank You for making triumphs from our trials of transitions. Help us, Divine Daddy, to see what we need to change. Help us to march forward courageously in our transitions. Help us to keep our eyes fixed on You and Your love. We love you with every fiber of our beings, every moment of every day, every step of the pathway…and it is in Jesus’ Name we pray. Amen.
Caroline Gavinis a Christian Business Coach, Speaker, Author and Radio Host. Having found eternal victory in Christ, she overcame the dark depths of depression and the near-death of an eating disorder. Her joy now is sharing this joy in Jesus. As a Christian Business Coach and the Founder of Purposeful Pathway Business Coaching, she helps faith-based entrepreneurs pave their vocational paths, live with purpose and walk with God’s way. With years of experience in the financial and real estate industries, Caroline blends her passion for God, her financial expertise and her business acumen to create phenomenal results for her clients. She helps them to attract their ideal clients, powerfully package services and systematize efforts so they can enjoy fun, fruitful and profitable businesses. Refresh with her poetry and glean practical wisdom from her Biz Tips at www.PurposefulPathway.com. Connect with Caroline on Google+, Facebook and listen to her shows on Purposeful Pathway Radio. Contact her via email@example.com for a free Christian Business Coaching Consultation. You can also enjoy free resources such as the 7-week transformational Journey to Joy and the21-Day Attract Clients NOW Challenge on the Purposeful Pathway web site. Caroline delights in her purposeful pathway of helping others to pave pathways of purpose, peace and passion for God’s glory!