By Business Coach, Caroline Gavin
Image courtesy artur84 at freedigitalphotos.net
Purposeful Pathway is the haven for faith-based entrepreneurs. Part of my mission is equipping faith-based businesses with information that is practical, actionable and Scriptural.
The theme of this post is small hinges open big doors!
The gorgeous weather is here, and I love to be out and about exploring new places. Recently, though, I hit a bump in my travel plans. More accurately: my car started making distressing clunking noises every time it hit even the smallest of bumps. The noises were quite loud and made me uncomfortable to drive the car. I thought perhaps the suspension was compromised, and I prepared myself for an afternoon of time and expense at the automotive shop. Thankfully the source of the noise was simply a loose exhaust cover; the mechanic put it back into place, and I was on my way to enjoy the summer weather once again. The situation reminded me of life and business. So often we have “noisy” problems that seem huge; perhaps these are income-flow challenges, relationship stressors or health concerns. Sometimes the challenges truly are substantial. Yet so often the remedies are rather easy. As it has been said often, small hinges open big doors. I invite you to think about adjusting those small hinges today.
Let’s explore five ways:
1. Listen to the loud noises. What exactly are the “loud noises” in your life? Is one noise your income flow? A health concern? A relationship challenge? Write down, one by one, the current “noises” in your life.
2. Seek the sources. Having determined the “noises” in your life, ask God to reveal the sources of these symptoms. View the “noises” not as problems in themselves but rather as indicators or red flags. They are valuable tools for discovering deeper issues.
3. Administer adjustments. Having dug deeper to inspect the sources, contemplate now adjustments to administer. If, for example, the source of an income-flow challenge is your mindset, what can you do to shift your mindset? Daily prayer for this request? Meditation on the matter? Scriptural affirmations each morning? Determine the appropriate adjustments for each of the “noises” in your life. “But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror; for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was…” (James 1:22-24)
4. Step by step. Once you start administering adjustments, seek God’s wisdom for every next step thereafter. It is important to make adjustments even if you do not know the full sequence of steps. Trust God to reveal one step at a time, as often He does this in order to strengthen our reliance upon and intimacy with Him. “Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.” (Psalm 119:105)
5. Dance through doors. Once you have faithfully followed the previous steps, begin to witness big doors opening on those small hinges….and then dance delightfully through them! God is gracious to bring fruit from our labors and to richly bless our faith! “God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.” (Hebrews 6:10)
I encourage you to adjust those small hinges and watch those big doors open wide!
If you need help with adjusting hinges or with building your business overall…I would be happy to help in this powerful process. A healthy business involves health all around: body, mind and spirit. Join 3D Vitality Biblical Health Coach Ann Musico and me in a powerful journey for transforming your body, your business and your lifehere!
Let’s Pray: Divine Daddy, we thank You for the doors You place in our lives. Help us to see the true sources of our challenges and help us to adjust the “hinges” as need be. We desire to glorify You in all we do; we desire to delight in You as we dance through doors. We love you with every fiber of our beings, every moment of every day, every step of the pathway…and it is in Jesus’ Name we pray. Amen.
Caroline Gavin is a Christian Business Coach, Speaker, Author and Radio Host. Having found eternal victory in Christ, she overcame the dark depths of depression and the near-death of an eating disorder. Her joy now is sharing this joy in Jesus. As a Christian Business Coach and the Founder of Purposeful Pathway Business Coaching, she helps faith-based entrepreneurs pave their vocational paths, live with purpose and walk with God’s way. With years of experience in the financial and real estate industries, Caroline blends her passion for God, her financial expertise and her business acumen to create phenomenal results for her clients. She helps them to attract their ideal clients, powerfully package services and systematize efforts so they can enjoy fun, fruitful and profitable businesses. Refresh with her poetry and glean practical wisdom from her Biz Tips at www.PurposefulPathway.com. Connect with Caroline on Google+, Facebook and listen to her shows on Purposeful Pathway Radio. Contact her via firstname.lastname@example.org for a free Christian Business Coaching Consultation. You can also enjoy free resources such as the 7-week transformational Journey to Joy and the21-Day Attract Clients NOW Challenge on the Purposeful Pathway web site.Caroline delights in her purposeful pathway of helping others to pave pathways of purpose, peace and passion for God’s glory!