By Coach Caroline Gavin
Image courtesy nuchylee at freedigitalphotos.net
Purposeful Pathway is the haven for faith-based entrepreneurs. Part of my mission is equipping faith-based businesses with information that is practical, actionable and Scriptural.
The theme of this post is embracing something old and something new to boost business!
Traditional rhymes are both amusing and fascinating. We can learn much about culture and history by tracing the roots of common expressions. The familiar rhyme “something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, a sixpence in your shoe” is one that comes to mind and brings a smile. Charming as this Old English rhyme may be in the context of a wedding, it is also a wonderful reminder for good business practices.
How so? Let’s explore five ways:
- Something Old. Beneficial it is to explore “old” tried and true habits that are effective in our businesses. Evaluate with the following questions: What are your habits, routines, practices and systems in business? What can you learn from the results of these? Which of these habits consistently yield fruit? Which do not? Having explored these questions, determine how to leverage more powerfully the specific “old” habits that are the most fruitful.
- Something New. It is wise to embrace the old tried and true; it is wise, too, to embrace something new. Explore: What can you do to shake things up? What new practice can add value to your business? What new mindset can yield powerful results? Adding something new can shift our businesses and our lives in a powerful way, often far beyond expectations. The added “newness” can extend outside of business. For example, eating new foods, driving new routes, or exploring new trails can boost creativity and heighten inspiration.
- Something Borrowed. Yes, there is beauty to things that are borrowed too. Oftentimes we start from scratch without learning from the mistakes and successes from others. Ask yourself: Who has achieved success in your field of business? What can you learn from him/her? What specific habit, system or procedure in his/her business can add value to your business? “Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.” (Proverbs 13:20)
- Something Blue. Beautiful it is, too, to add something blue. The Old English “blue” referred to faithfulness and love. Ponder: What can you do to express more radiantly your faith in God and your love for others? Whom can you serve more wholeheartedly? How can you give more frequently? “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” (Luke 6:38)
- Sixpence in Your Shoe. Rather than insert a sixpence in your shoe for prosperity, choose to step forward in the Holy Spirit on purpose. Prayerfully consider: How can you heed more clearly God’s voice and direction? How can you deepen your relationship with Christ? What can you do to act out more powerfully your faith in the business arena? Living purposefully for Jesus is the pathway to true prosperity and timeless joy.
So, without the need for wedding bells, I encourage you to embrace something old and something new! You will experience richer fruit, deeper joy and purposeful fun in your business…and in your life!
If you need help with incorporating “something old, something new” in your business or with building your business overall…I would be happy to help in this powerful process. A healthy business involves health all around: body, mind and spirit. Join 3D Vitality Biblical Health Coach Ann Musico and me in a powerful journey for transforming your body, your business and your life here!
Let’s Pray: Loving Lord, Timeless Treasure, Forever Friend, we thank You for the many things old and new that assist us in our journeys with Jesus. We ask, Eternal One, that You inspire us with Your wisdom as we embrace Your wonderful gifts. Keep our eyes fixed on heaven and on the eternal treasures You have prepared for us. We love you with every fiber of our beings, every moment of every day, every step of the pathway…and it is in Jesus’ Name we pray. Amen.
Caroline Gavin is a Christian Business Coach, Speaker, Author and Radio Host. Having found eternal victory in Christ, she overcame the dark depths of depression and the near-death of an eating disorder. Her joy now is sharing this joy in Jesus. As a Christian Business Coach and the Founder of Purposeful Pathway Business Coaching, she helps faith-based entrepreneurs pave their vocational paths, live with purpose and walk with God’s way. With years of experience in the financial and real estate industries, Caroline blends her passion for God, her financial expertise and her business acumen to create phenomenal results for her clients. She helps them to attract their ideal clients, powerfully package services and systematize efforts so they can enjoy fun, fruitful and profitable businesses. Refresh with her poetry and glean practical wisdom from her Biz Tips at www.PurposefulPathway.com. Connect with Caroline on Google+, Facebook and listen to her shows on Purposeful Pathway Radio. Contact her via firstname.lastname@example.org for a free Christian Business Coaching Consultation. You can also enjoy free resources such as the 7-week transformational Journey to Joy and the 21-Day Attract Clients NOW Challenge on the Purposeful Pathway web site. Caroline delights in her purposeful pathway of helping others to pave pathways of purpose, peace and passion for God’s glory!