There are always different types of viruses floating through the air. Did you realize that science has proven that live virus and bacteria from the other side of the world can live in the cracks of sand particles and be carried on the wind to your town? It is true. 100 years ago it was the Spanish Flu. Since biblical times, there have been “plagues.” Viruses travel faster and faster since we can travel faster now and they mutate as they go meaning they keep changing making developing effective vaccines challenging.
According to this article, an Ebola vaccine has received the approval to begin testing – already! That’s unusual because creating vaccines is usually a process that takes several years. The concern is that the long-term safety of such a vaccine cannot be known this quickly and it is experimental at best. So, basically, anyone who consents to get it is the guinea pig.
These disastrous and devastating viruses that are attacking us are no joke. I wanted to share this information because of the timely nature and to suggest some things we can do proactively to protect ourselves.
Many of the most respected natural health professionals strongly urge us to take steps to use the many natural herbs and supplements available to strengthen our own immune systems. You may think that would not make much difference if you came face to face with one of these viruses, but your body is created by God to do just that.
Here are my 5 basic, foundational suggestions to protect yourself and your family as much as possible:
1. Build up your natural reserves. Your immune system must be kept in good condition and step #1, as always, is nutrition. You cannot build and maintain a healthy, functioning immune system on processed junk foods! Clean up your diet. Eat clean, healthy, whole foods to provide your body with the raw materials it needs to create and maintain health. If you don’t know where to begin, I can help.
2. Keep a variety of specific foods, supplements and herbs on hand known to be effective for enhancing immune function. Some of my favorites are garlic, onion, mushrooms, olive leaf extract, Echinacea, Vitamin D3, iodine and one combination product that combines many of these plus a few others I especially like such as colostrum.
3. Increase intake of essential nutrients. I’ve talked a lot about the fact that we can’t get all the nutrition we need from our diet because of the nutrient depletion of our soils. No matter how high quality your food is – you’re still not getting all you need. I strongly recommend supplements that cover the essential core nutrients we all need on a daily basis. This is what my family and I use and what I recommend and sell.
4. Keep some specific, targeted herbs and supplements on hand. There are some specific supplements that are extremely effective for fighting off a cold as well as more virulent invaders. Colloidal silver and silver hydrosol are natural antibiotics that are very effective for a wide range of problems, yet do not kill good bacteria in your system. I always have it in my arsenal. Silver has been used as an anti-microbial for centuries and this particular formulation has been found to be exceptionally safe, shown to inhibit the replication of viruses and tested to kill and/or inhibit a wide variety of pathogenic bacteria.
In fact, “As an immune enhancing product, it has been presented to Tom Ridge (Secretary of Homeland Security) by Senator Orin Hatch for use as a first responder against bioterrorism and pandemics. It is a First Responder product to be used against bio-terrorism, and infectious disease pandemics.”
You can read more about it here. This happens to be the brand I use. (Please know I have no connections to this company. I am simply a customer.)
5. Pray and believe. I pray the 91st psalm over myself and my family every day. I don’t know what your beliefs are. I happen to be a Christian and I have total faith in the power that is in the Word of God when believed and spoken. Pay special attention to verse 3. I would say Ebola definitely qualifies as a “deadly pestilence.”
Here’s my bonus: I have put my best tips for staying healthy and keeping the immune system in top condition in this e-book. I talk about diet, foods, recipes, gargles, and so much more.
What steps are you taking to keep your family healthy this cold and flu season?
Want to see more articles like this? Subscribe to this blog (just click on “Follow”) and get each new post delivered to your email or feed reader. To follow me and get even more tips on how to live your life in 3-D as well as getting exclusive information on giveaways and special offers, be sure to like me on Facebook, sign up for my FREE weekly No-Nonsense Nutrition Report, follow me on Pinterest and Twitter!