By Coach Caroline Gavin
Image courtesy Aduldej at freedigitalphotos.net
Purposeful Pathway is the haven for faith-based entrepreneurs. Part of my mission is equipping faith-based businesses with information that is practical, actionable and Scriptural.
The theme of this post is letting go and letting God!
Although summer is still here, whispers of Autumn are in the air. Autumn is to me a special time of year. The beauty of the trees seems to culminate in a remarkable rainbow of color. The winds stir the soul with precious promises. The cool weather inspires deep introspection.
In recently watching several leaves dance from the trees, I was reminded of the wisdom in nature. Although the leaves are at their peak of beauty in Autumn, the trees let go of them. The trees let go simply because it is time to let go.
These very leaves dancing in the Autumn breeze will fertilize the winter ground and become the substance for springtime leaves to grow. So much we can learn from this beautiful cycle. How important it is for us to let go, for in doing so we nourish our roots and encourage new growth.
How can we apply the awesome wisdom of Autumn in our faith-based businesses?
- Enjoy precious moments to ponder. Sit still in God’s presence. “He says, ‘Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.’” (Psalm 46:10) Hear His wisdom. Heed His voice. Harken to His call. Bask in the sunshine, watch the leaves dance and feel the invigorating winds. Allow the rhythm of the seasons to stir your soul. “He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding.” (Daniel 2:21)
- Request of God what needs to be released. What items? What relationship? What resentment? What activity? What goal? What desire? What habit? “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” (James 1:5) Journal the wisdom you gain from Jesus when asking these questions. Document these discoveries without judgment. List everything from a space of love.
- Commit to let go with the leaves. Preferably in an inspiring space, commit to release these various things just as the leaves are released to Autumn winds. Place all in God’s hands.
- Prepare with a plan. Create a plan for this release. For example, how will you release the items? Donate to a charity? Sell on eBay? Host a garage sale? How will you release an unhealthy relationship? Does doing so require a letter? A conversation? Or simply a shift in your perspective? How will you release the activities? The habits? The desires? Create plans with time-lined steps.
- Follow through with faithfulness. Move forward with your plans by leaning on your Father. Expect discomfort in the process; yet expect also divine comfort to follow your heartfelt prayers. “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.” (2 Corinthians 1:3-4) Letting go provides breathing space for healing and growth. Release engenders rejuvenation, revitalization and refreshment. Surrender brings sublime peace.
- Wait with wonder. Wait on God to bring about the phenomenal fruit of lovingly letting go. “But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.” (Isaiah 40:31) Document this fruit in your journal.
- Rejoice in your release. You will notice beautiful breakthroughs in life and business when you lovingly let go. Rejoice in this fruit and give glory to God!
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace. (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8)
If you need help with this powerful process of letting go in your business or with building your business overall…I would be happy to help in this powerful process. A healthy business involves health all around: body, mind and spirit. Join 3D Vitality Biblical Health Coach Ann Musico and me in a powerful journey for transforming your body, your business and your life here!
Let’s pray. Faithful Father, we rely on you as we release according to Your will. Grant us Your wonderful wisdom, pave our purposeful paths and shed Your luminous light. Give us strength to let go in order to lovingly embrace Your will. Allow us to bear remarkable fruit from this release for Your glory. It’s in Jesus’ Name that we pray. Amen.
Caroline Gavin is a Christian Business Coach, Speaker, Author and Radio Host. Having found eternal victory in Christ, she overcame the dark depths of depression and the near-death of an eating disorder. Her joy now is sharing this joy in Jesus. As a Christian Business Coach and the Founder of Purposeful Pathway Business Coaching, she helps faith-based entrepreneurs pave their vocational paths, live with purpose and walk with God’s way. With years of experience in the financial and real estate industries, Caroline blends her passion for God, her financial expertise and her business acumen to create phenomenal results for her clients. She helps them to attract their ideal clients, powerfully package services and systematize efforts so they can enjoy fun, fruitful and profitable businesses. Refresh with her poetry and glean practical wisdom from her Biz Tips at www.PurposefulPathway.com. Connect with Caroline on Google+, Facebook and listen to her shows on Purposeful Pathway Radio. Contact her via firstname.lastname@example.org for a free Christian Business Coaching Consultation. You can also enjoy free resources such as the 7-week transformational Journey to Joy and the 21-Day Attract Clients NOW Challenge on the Purposeful Pathway web site. Caroline delights in her purposeful pathway of helping others to pave pathways of purpose, peace and passion for God’s glory!