Weight Loss: Take a Deep Breath

Where do you think fat goes when you exercise, eat better and begin losing weight? Do you think it is somehow magically turned into muscle? Do you think it gets burned up as fuel for energy? Do you think you poop it out? Many experts actually believe all these things.

Many dietitians, doctors and personal trainers believe burning fat during exercise causes it to be burned  as fuel for energy. Some believe fat is excreted through urine or feces, while others think it is magically transformed into muscle.

Obviously fat and muscle are two very different types of tissues. Fat or adipose tissue is found under your skin, between muscles and around internal organs. There are different types of muscle tissue, which is found throughout your body, including your heart.

According to physicist Ruben Meerman and Professor Andrew Brown from the University of New South Wales, exercise will definitely help you reduce the amount of fat in your body and increase your muscle mass but it does that by increasing and decreasing each directly and separately. It doesn’t convert one to the other. In fact, according to their research the lungs are the primary organ for excreting fat!

They calculated that when you lose weight, you exhale 84% of that lost fat in the form of carbon dioxide and the other 16% is excreted via bodily fluids.

Exercising is a great way to increase how deeply you breathe. As I suggest in Today is Still the Day, taking time throughout the day, especially before meals, to relax, take a few slow, deep breaths will help defuse stress, improve your digestion and perhaps help you lose some fat!

Where did you think fat goes when you lose weight?

Want to see more articles like this?   Subscribe to this blog (just click on “Follow”) and get each new post delivered to your email or feed reader.  To follow me and get even more tips on how to live your life in 3-D, including improving your diet, choosing cutting edge nutritional products and effective weight loss strategies be sure to like me on Facebook here and here, sign up for my FREE weekly No-Nonsense Nutrition Report (and get a free gift!), follow me on Pinterest and Twitter!

Make gradual changes. Boost health, vitality and energy. Become your best YOU

Advertisements

About amusico

I am a holistic health coach and independent nutritional consultant. All my coaching plans are based on my 3-D Living program and a big part of that are the Youngevity Products and Supplements I proudly offer! Visit my website at http://www.threedimensionalvitality.com and learn more about the products and my coaching plans!
This entry was posted in Detoxification, Overall Health and Wholeness, Weight loss and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Weight Loss: Take a Deep Breath

  1. Ivey Rorie says:

    I do that pose in one of the yoga classes I attend. I sure don’t look like that though. Thanks for the post.

Share your thoughts - what do you think about this?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s